Chérie, Unscented Non-Clumping Natural Wood Cat Litter (10L/5.5kg)
Chérie cat litter is a more environmentally friendly solution for your cat litter needs. Made by 100% virgin timber from sustainable managed forest. We believe every steps we do for providing sustainable product can help our environment and the world we share. Chérie cat litter, made from environmental friendly materials, you can feel good that you are taking a small step for the good of your cat, home and the environment.
- Made with 100% virgin timber wood
- Odor controlling
- Low tracking
- Up to 4 times absorbent
Pine cat litter is a much healthier alternative for both cats and their owners. Pine is a natural product and it is dust free. The dust from clay litters can cause respiratory problems in both animals and people; not to mention the mess the clay dust can leave in the house once it settles on furniture. Pine litter is a wood product and it does not contain any chemicals that could cause health problems for animals and people.
UP TO 4X ABSORBENT
Chérie wood based cat litter is up to 4 times absorbent than clay on a per-pound basis, which means you'll use less, and shop less. Better absorbency also helps eliminate litter box odor more quickly.
Pine has a naturally pleasing scent and it overpowers the smell of urine that causes the majority of litter box odors. The odor problem that clay litters make worse is due to the urine being collected in a ball of clay. This ball holds in the smell and it then sits at the top of the litter box. Pine pellets break apart and turn into sawdust allowing the urine to dry and sink to the bottom of the litter box along with the smell.
The shape and size of pine cat litters mean that it’s less likely to be tracked through the house. The larger pellets stay in the litter box better, and as the pellets break down into pine sawdust, the dust drops into the bottom of the box, under the fresh litter.
Non-clumping cat litter it does not stick together when damp, but instead fluffs up and can be easily removed.
- Remove solids.
- Remove dusty piles of liquid waste. You will find lots of dry pellets are still usable.
- Set aside dry pellets to put back into the litter box.
- When it is time to completely empty the litter box it can be dumped outside and used as mulch in the garden or around trees and shrubs.
A bigger-picture benefit is that pine cat litters are environmentally friendly. Pine is a natural, biodegradable product, and pine litter is made by using wood scraps that would otherwise go to waste, so these products are really a win-win for cat owners and the planet. The litter’s biodegradable nature creates another benefit: less waste building up in landfills
- Pour 2~3 cm of Chérie Non-Clumping wood based Litter into a litter box. Then, pour 3~6 cm of your old litter on top.
- From 2nd time you change the litter box, use the same amount of Chérie, but less of your old litter. Repeat for another 3~5 litter changes, lessening the amount of your old litter each time.
- This time around, use only Chérie. Your cat should be used to it now, sometimes some cats will need a little more time. In most cases, if you go slowly enough, your cat won’t even realize a change is taking place.