FRONTLINE Plus killed 100% of fleas within 12 hours of application* and continues to provide fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick control. FRONTLINE Plus also breaks the flea life cycle to prevent future infestations.
When you apply FRONTLINE, fipronil, the active ingredient, is stored in the oil glands under your pet's skin. It is then distributed continuously to the skin and hair of your pet through the hair follicles.
This way, FRONTLINE Plus:
- offers continuous protection for an entire month
- is waterproof even as your dog swims
- breaks the flea and tick life cycle
FRONTLINE Plus and FRONTLINE Top Spot can be applied in one easy application:
Remove an applicator from the child-resistant package and cut or lift off the plastic tab to expose the foil. Peel down.
Hold the applicator upright and snap the tip away from your face and body.
Place the applicator tip through your pet's hair to the skin between the shoulder blades. Squeeze the applicator and apply the entire contents in a single spot onto your pet's skin.
- Fipronil 9.8%
- (S)-methoprene 8.8%
- Snap open the tip of the Frontline applicator away from your body and face.
- Part your pet's hair between the shoulder blades until you can see the skin, and place the tip of the applicator on the skin.
- Squeeze applicator to apply entire contents in a single spot on the skin monthly.
- Allow 24 hours before bathing or swimming.
- Remove dog's collar
- Apply as a spot between your dog's shoulder blades in 1 area that can't be licked.
- Avoid touching the wet application spot.
- Wait 24 hours to allow solution to dry before bathing or letting your dog swim.
- Give each of your dogs its own complete dose.
Frequency of Application
- When used monthly, FRONTLINE Plus completely breaks the flea life cycle and controls tick and chewing lice infestations. Do not reapply FRONTLINE Plus for 30 days.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae for up to three months. FRONTLINE Plus also prevents development of all flea stages for up to three months. FRONTLINE Plus can control fleas for up to three months, however, if there is a high risk of reinfestation or if the pet has fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis, a once monthly application may be needed.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills ticks for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where tick control is needed. FRONTLINE Plus kills all life stages of ticks (larva, nymph and adult).
- FRONTLINE Plus kills ticks that may transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, babesiosis, anaplasmosis and other tick-borne diseases.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills chewing lice for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where chewing lice control is needed.
- FRONTLINE Plus aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infestations. Multiple monthly treatments are recommended for the elimination of mites.