The complete flea life cycle is managed by Frontline Plus for Cats. You'll find all the details you need to determine if this product is right for your pet below. Watch a video that illustrates how simple it is to use Frontline Plus.
Frontline Plus provides your cat with complete protection against fleas in the following ways:
- Breaks the flea cycle at every stage – it kills all 4 stages including adult fleas, flea eggs, larvae, and pupae, when applied monthly.
- For tick control on cats, use Frontline spray.
- For use on kittens over 8 weeks of age.
- Safe for use on breeding, pregnant and lactating queens.
- Waterfast – so it can be used on cats that are shampooed between treatments. However, always ensure your cat is completely dry before applying FRONTLINE PLUS, and wait 24 hours before wetting your cat again.
- Treats and controls Flea Allergy Dermatities.
- Treats and controls biting lice.
- Fipronil 9.8%
- (S)-methoprene 11.8%
Remove Applicator: Lift and remove the plastic tab to expose foil backing. Then peel away the foil. Or use scissors to open
Open Applicator: Hold upright with foil side toward you and snap applicator tip
Apply FRONTLINE Plus: Part your cat's hair between the shoulder blades. Place the applicator tip just above the skin and squeeze. Apply entire contents of the applicator in a single spot directly onto the animal's skin. Do not apply on top of the haircoat. Avoid contact with treated area until dry
- Remove the cat's collar
- Apply as a spot between your cat's shoulder blades in 1 area that can't be licked
- Avoid touching the wet application spot
- Wait 24 hours to allow solution to dry before bathing or letting your cat get wet
- Give each of your cats its own complete dose
Frequency of Application
- FRONTLINE Plus fully breaks the flea life cycle when used on a monthly basis and regulates tick and chewing lice infestations. Do not re-apply for 30 days with FRONTLINE Plus.
- For up to three months, FRONTLINE Plus kills adult fleas, flea nests, and flea larvae. For up to three months, FRONTLINE Plus also prevents the production of all flea levels. FRONTLINE Plus can manage fleas for up to three months, but once a monthly application will be necessary if there is a high risk of reinfestation or if the pet has fleas that may cause flea allergy dermatitis.
- For a minimum of one month, FRONTLINE Plus can kill ticks. Where tick control is required, an application once a month is recommended. FRONTLINE Plus kills ticks at any point of life (larva, nymph and adult).
- FRONTLINE Plus kills Lyme disease ticks, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, babesiosis, anaplasmosis, and other diseases spread by ticks.
- For a minimum of one month, FRONTLINE Plus kills chewing lice. A once-monthly application is recommended where control of chewing lice is required.
- FRONTLINE Plus helps in controlling infestations of sarcoptic mange. For the removal of mites, several monthly treatments are recommended.